is a non-crystalline pure homopolymer polyisobutene.
Visco-Rite™ 70 is a viscoelastic fibre-reinforced high-performance corrosion barrier material to protect new carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron and non-ferro metal substrates. The material is specific designed for submersed and immersed services from -45 up to +70°C (-49 up to 158°F) and complies to ISO 21809-3: 2016 and ISO 12944: 2018 with a suitable mechanical protection.
The alternate for primerless wax, butyl, bitumen tape coatings.
The objective is the provision of aboveground paint coating solutions that are friendly to humans and the environment and unique in their composition and effectiveness on damp surfaces. Allter® aims to supply a universal next generation primer that is simply the best for long-term corrosion protection of durable assets from a holistic, TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) point of view, with an optimum lifespan of 15 years at up to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Non-toxic material, safe for humans, animals and the environment
- Excellent barrier properties
- Non-woven fibre-reinforced material
- Can be finished with various tapes, coatings and elastomers
- Complies to ISO 21809-3: 2016 and ISO 12944: 2018
- Material remains flexible, even at lower temperatures
- Excellent adhesion to carbon steel and stainless steel
- Excellent adhesion to ductile iron and non-ferro metals
- Excellent adhesion on pipeline coatings like Epoxy, PU, FBE, PE, PP etc.
- Surface tolerant material (minimum SSPC-SP2/St2)
- Prevents stress corrosion cracking (SCC) of stainless steel
- Service temperature from -45 up to +70°C (-49 up to 158°F)
- Can be applied on hot substrates up to max. 70°C (158°F)
- Can be applied by hand or Wrapping machine
- Self-healing capabilities
- No need for curing
Suitable industries are petrochemical facilities, chemical plants, Offshore, power plants, refineries.
Examples of applications are buried pipelines, girth-weld joints, elbows, tees, reducers, bends, flanges, insulated pipelines, above ground structures etc.