is a self-adhesive pressure sensitive polyvinyl chloride tape with a butyl rubber adhesive.
Allter-Tape PVC™ is a flexible UV resistant cold applied PVC tape designed to be used for mechanical protection on top of our corrosion barrier systems Visco-Rite™70 and 70HB for immersed, buried and atmospheric services up to continuous 70°C (158°). This material provides good abrasion, impact and indentation resistance, and is also resistant to chemicals like acids and alkalis.
The alternate for utility pipe coatings
The objective is the provision of aboveground paint coating solutions that are friendly to humans and the environment and unique in their composition and effectiveness on damp surfaces. Allter® aims to supply a universal next generation primer that is simply the best for long-term corrosion protection of durable assets from a holistic, TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) point of view, with an optimum lifespan of 15 years at up to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Complies to ISO 21809-3: 2016 in combination with Visco-Rite™70HB
- Can be applied by hand or Wrapping machine
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Very good impact and indentation resistance
- Flexible, with good conformability
- Suitable for a wide temperature range
- Excellent adhesion to itself
- Service temperature from -40 up to +70°C (-40 up to 158°F)
- Short term maximum 90°C (194°F)
- REACH compliant PVC
Suitable industries are petrochemical facilities, chemical plants, Offshore, power plants, refineries.
Examples of applications are buried pipelines, girth-weld joints, elbows, tees, reducers, bends, flanges, insulated pipelines, above ground structures etc.