Non-crystalline pure homopolymer Polyisobutene.
Allter-Repair™ Patch is an excellent UV-resistant viscoelastic fibre-reinforced high- performance corrosion barrier repair material to protect damaged new-and old car- bon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron and non-ferro metal substrates. This Touch-up and sealing material is specifically designed for atmospheric services from -45 up to +70°C (-49 up to 158°F) and complies to ISO 12944: 2018. Allter-Repair™ Patch is equipped with an OEM applied elastomeric finish.
- Non-toxic material, safe for humans, animals and the environment
- Excellent barrier properties
- Fibre-reinforced material with excellent UV resistant elastomeric finish
- Single layer system/supplied as Patch
- Complies to ISO 12944: 2018
- Excellent creep resistance
- Material remains flexible, even at lower temperatures (no lifting foils)
- Excellent adhesion to carbon steel and stainless steel
- Excellent adhesion to EP, PU, PE, PP, PVC and non-ferro metals
- Surface tolerant material (minimum SSPC-SP2/St2)
- No primer, intermediate and topcoat required
- Atmospheric service temperature from -45 up to max +120°C (-49 up to 248°F)
- Can be applied without tools, just by hand like a sticker
- Self-healing capabilities
- No need for curing
Suitable industries are petrochemical facilities, chemical plants, Offshore, power plants, etc.
Examples of applications are above ground pipelines, storage tanks, bridges, wind-offshore structures and other above ground structures etc. found in various industries such as in petrochemical facilities, chemical plants, Offshore, power plants, etc.