is a self-adhesive pressure sensitive polyethylene tape with a premium grade butyl rubber adhesive.
Allter-Tape PE™ is a cross laminated HDPE cold applied tape designed to be used as a high-performance mechanical protection on top of our corrosion barrier systems Visco-Rite™ 70 and 70HB for immersed and buried services up to continuous 70°C (158°). This material provides good abrasion, impact and indentation resistance, and is also resistant to chemicals like acids and alkalis.
The alternate for utility pipe coatings
The objective is the provision of aboveground paint coating solutions that are friendly to humans and the environment and unique in their composition and effectiveness on damp surfaces. Allter® aims to supply a universal next generation primer that is simply the best for long-term corrosion protection of durable assets from a holistic, TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) point of view, with an optimum lifespan of 15 years at up to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Complies to ISO 21809-3: 2016 in combination with Visco-Rite™70HB
- Can be applied by hand or Wrapping machine
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Very good impact and indentation resistance
- Very good resistance to aging at maximum operating temperature
- Excellent suitable for hot climates
- Excellent adhesion to itself
- Service temperature from -40 up to +70°C (-40 up to 158°F)
- Short term maximum 90°C (194°F)
- Environmentally safe product/safe to use
Suitable industries are petrochemical facilities, chemical plants, Offshore, power plants, refineries.
Examples of applications are buried pipelines, girth-weld joints, elbows, tees, reducers, bends, flanges, insulated pipelines etc.