is a self-fusion, amalgamating PIB rubber tape.
Allter Fusion Tape™ is a cold applied shrink- and self-priming tape with self-fusion, amalgamating properties with a high durable flexibility for buried and atmospheric services. This self-fusion tape is particular designed for sealing, waterproofing and insulating irregular shapes and surfaces made from new and old cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, non-ferrous metals, coated steel, galvanized steel and plastics like PE and PP. Application examples are small and mid-size diameter pipes, appendages, elbows, bends, joints, bolts, cable connections, splices etc.
The alternate for utility pipe coatings
- Self-priming/No primer required
- Peel strength to steel (>5N/cm. at 23°C/73°F) according ISO 4587
- Self fusion, fully amalgamating tape
- Excellent adhesion to steel and difficult substrates like PE and PP
- Excellent durable flexibility, up to 2 times the original length
- Excellent barrier properties
- Electrical Resistivity (>3x1013MΩ) according to ISO 13931
- Good UV resistance
- Fast and easy to install by hand
- Perfect for irregular shapes
- Service temperature from -40up to +70°C (-40 up to 158°F)
- Environmentally friendly product/safe to use
Suitable industries are petrochemical facilities, chemical plants, Offshore, power plants, refineries.
Examples of applications are small and mid-size diameter pipes, appendages, elbows, bends, joints, bolts, cable connections, splices etc.